Basic OHS Principles – Unit Standard 259639
Basic OHS Principles – Unit Standard 259639 NQF Level 2; 4 credits
Explain Basic OHS Principles in and around the Workplace
This unit standard is for those people giving an induction of health and safety principles to new personnel and the person credited with this unit standard is able to explain the duties of both the employees and employers with regard to Occupational Safety and Heath in the workplace.
Learners will be able to understand the requirements that apply to persons entering the workplace and performing any duties therein, as well as the requirements for the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), housekeeping and emergency procedures that apply to the workplace.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Explaining both employer and employee duties with regard to occupational safety and health in the workplace.
- Explaining the general safety rules in a workplace.
- Explaining the use and application of Personal Protective Equipment in a workplace.
- Explaining the need for good housekeeping in the workplace.
- Explaining & applying emergency procedures in the Work place. (Learning Assumed to be in place)
- Communication (Literacy) at NQF Level 1 or equivalent;
- Mathematical Literacy (Numeracy) at NQF Level 1 or equivalent.
If the learner wishes to apply for the NQF credits, an additional fee will be charged per learner. This fee will include additional benefits, such as:
- Half day RPL training
- Portfolio building
- Assess and moderation of portfolio
- and submission to H&W Seta for the NQF credits
Duration: 2 days